NYE: Harbour up in lights.
The fireworks over Ulladulla Harbour look set to go ahead on New Year’s Eve.
Following the unexpected cancellation of the NYE Ulladulla event by organisersArid Productions last week, the Milton-Ulladulla Business Chamber has fired up and is working hard to ensure the fireworks go ahead.
Chamber president Darren Sparks said the chamber was working with the Ulladulla-Milton Lions Club to ensure local and visiting families could enjoy the fireworks spectacular over Ulladulla Harbour.
“The chamber took on the challenge to make sure the fireworks could go ahead,” Mr Sparks said.
“We believe this is an important event for the town on New Year’s Eve and something that people look forward to every year.”
Chamber members met with Shoalhaven City Council staff last week in an eleventh-houreffort to submit application forms and licences by the Friday deadline.
Mr Sparks said all the paperwork had been done and the chamber was awaiting the final nod of approval.
It is expected the 9pm fireworks will get the green light, with council already contributing $7,500 towards the event.
The chamber is rallying local businesses to raise additional money to help cover the costs associated with the event, including application fees, security, additional toilets and bins.
“It’s an expensive event and we are approaching businesses to help cover the costs,” Mr Sparks said.
This year’s celebration will be a fireworks show only and there will be no associatedrides, amusements or entertainment.
Howeverbuskers or groups were welcome to perform on the harbour stage.
Anyone keen to contribute financially or help out should contact Darren Sparks on 0418 658 836 or Danny Free on 4455 2911.
Thefireworks display attracts thousands of families who flock to the harbour foreshore and surrounds to ring in the new year.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.